"'cause you're still not over him... "


I was trying to be strong, trying to make it seem like I could get over the fire, trying to make myself seem ok.. The comment was made that I wasn't over this death, which was over a year ago.. It really hit me.. You're gone and I can't change that. I can't snap my fingers and have you back here.

I never expected it to hit now.. I was thinkin' it'd happen in a few months. When things calmed down. But like they say.. When it rains, it pours.

I feel like it was just yesterday when you'd take me out muddin' and fishing and when we'd get back to your house we'd get yelled at for tracking in the mud and the smell of the lake.. haha. All those nights you'd take me out on the four wheeler and we'd watch for shooting stars, and the one night we saw one you crashed the four wheeler and we had to walk 4 miles back home because both of our phones broke.. Or when you'd make me pretend to be your girlfriend so that random girls wouldn't hit on you..

You are really gone. It finally hit, and I don't know what to do.....

1 comment:

  1. You do what you've done. You remember, and you laugh through tears in spite of yourself.

    ReplyDelete