God Says: I chose you, will you choose me?

I couldn't blame the Lord for where I was or how I felt, because I struggle to stay faithful.

I confess, I'm easily distracted by the usual suspect: relationships (dating and frienships)
When granted either, the outcome is a slow but steady shift from a God focus to "whatever I think will make me happy" focus. In other words, I desert the Blesser for the blessing. Then, everything I desired/wanted more than the Lord disappears...darkness appears. In a previous post I wrote: God Says: You don't have to beg me, because I want to, All you have to do is want me too...Do you want Him? Of course, we all say yes, but as soon as adversity comes we run to God and say, "I've been talking with you, why didn't you tell me, I was going to lose my best friend? or that my car was going to break down? Can you please tell me what's going on? I don't understand this."

Faltering in faithfulness is usually linked to a failure to see the victory in God's plan when it gets painful and/or an ignorance of our purpose. The enemy takes advantage of this opportunity and is happy to offer a platter of distractions. The enemy's goal is to keep us lost in the dark so we never become or do all that God has created us to be and do. The moment we accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior we became blessed, highly favored, wealthy and healthy, but because Jesus paid the cost and built the fortune, we don't appreciate anything. We're spoiled heirs/heiresses. We think God owes us. So, when we go to Him to ask for a portion of our legacy (to spoil/waste) He says no, because the provision is for His vision. Anytime we feel like our "needs" are not being met, we cheat. We're led to believe that the grass is greener, life is exciting, good times and pleasure awaits us on the other side...but it's a mirage.



I think the solution to unfaithfulness is found in the application of LOVE. We can't stay faithful because we don't understand LOVE.

I confess, I haven't conquered cheating, because the natural part of me, will settle for the ability to survive. While the spiritual side is determined to thrive. Sure, we can thrive that was the original design, but it comes with great cost. Truth is, a lot of us quit at the first inkling of sweat and pain. It's time to take off our jewels and fine robes to be faithful to the Lord God and His business. The good news is we can complete our purpose in His plan, live in abundance and receive our full inheritance...IF we learn how to LOVE and remain faithful to the one who LOVED us FIRST. It's time to LOVE Him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment