"What's so special about my age?"

When I'm your age I hope that I am as strong as you are. I may complain constantly about you "not showing your emotions" but I only do that because I wish I could contain my emotions as well as you do. You say it's "unhealthy" but I look at it as it's own emotion all in itself.. That probably doesn't make sense to you, or to anyone else, but it makes sense to me. I see it like this; you're strong, stronger than any other person that I know. You're able to contain your emotions when it's neccessary, and show them (well, some of them) when it's ok. I'm the type of person to hold in every single little thing until I finally break, and then I go into a state of "I hate the world", but you don't do that. You're able to show your emotions in a different way, you're able to do it in a healthier way than I would ever be able to do. I strive to be like you in that way. I strive to make myself stronger by learning from you. I've said it before and I will say it time and time again, you are my role model. You have been since the first month that I got to know you, and you still are now; almost a year since the first day I met you. It's crazy looking at how quickly things have moved since the first day we met. And I couldn't be happier with where we are in our friendship. You're one of the few people that I look up to, and I can say that you are my inspiration to continue striving to be a better person. I thank God for you daily, and I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't met you a year ago.. Who knows what would have happened to me, who knows where I'd be right now.. God obviously put you in my life for a reason, and now you're stuck in it.

So, what's so special about your age? YOU are special about your age.. Even if it is a pretty old age.. ;)

2 comments:

  1. wow. how did I not respond to this? or did I respond and you deleted it? ;)

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete